Here at Essex Anglers we like to help new Anglers find the right gear and tackle for them, so below are the Tackle Reviews have done, a lot of the below is gear we use all the time and have got ourselves, but we do get the odd chance to review other Tackle. Hopefully this helps all you Anglers decide whether a piece of Tackle is the match for you.
- Advanta Discovery RVS Rod River Ambush 5.5ft – Reviewby Bailey PayneAfter attempting to fish today in the -3c weather, with my rod tip freezing, made placing a bait very difficult, along with the freezing wind chill, I didn’t last very long. So today, I decided to have a look at the Advanta River Ambush rod, at 5.5ft its a tiny rod capable of getting in […]
- Tackle Box Darent Valley 8ft Quiver Reviewby Bailey PayneI have had this Rod for a little while now, and used it in a few different situations and venues, so have been building this Review for a while, one of the reasons it has took so long, as I really wanted to really give it a test. And I have to admit, I am […]
- Darent Valley 9ft 3lb TC Specimen Rod Reviewby Stuart GardinerI was very fortunate and humble to win one of these rods in a raffle in the summer and after seeing various reports on other models in the Darent Valley, Tacklebox range and was very keen to christen it with a suitable specimen fish fitting the rods description. With work and the general covid chaos […]
- Tackle Review – Tackle Box CF-X 18m Telescopic Baiting Poleby Joe ChappellIf you’ve read my most recent blog, you would have already heard what I’m about to say. If not then keep reading! When I say this piece of kit has doubled my catch rate, I’m not lying. I mentioned it above, yep that’s right, it’s my baiting pole from The Tackle Box. I absolutely love […]
- Tackle Box Darent Valley Specialist Rodby Tom BairdReview I was asked to test out this particular rod which is one of 10 in this range of Darent Valley. As an active angler I decided that I would test the rod with Carping and Float fishing. So, over the last four weeks that’s what I have done. First let’s look at the design […]
- Sonik Dominator X Rods – Reviewby Joe ChappellDuring lockdown, I went on a bit of a spending spree and treated myself to some new kit, including a set of three Sonik Dominator X rods. I wanted to get some 10ft 3lb test curve rods and after some shopping around an offer came up on the Dominators that was just too good to […]
- Rigged & Ready – X5 Max Travel Rod Reviewby Bailey PayneI was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to review the X5 Max Travel Rod by Rigged & Ready. I am really interested in Travel Rod’s especially one which on the label says it can cover such a range of Fishing, it really sparked my interest, as a Mini driver, I don’t have the […]